Monday 15 November 2010

Light and Evolution

Light can have many meanings, I am exploring light in relation to a light bulb or a ray of light. If an object is to be seen it must either emit light, as the sun does, or reflect it from another source, such as the moon reflecting sunlight.
Light is radiant energy emitted by substances excited by other kinds of energy, such as electricity or heat, or by nuclear energy, such as the sun







Evolution is a word that I find keeps coming up through my research, I think this word plays a key part in all the the concepts I have been looking at, in particular, movement and silhouette. The definition term for evolution is the change in the inherited traits of a population of organisms through successive generations. The imagery involved with evolution reminds me of the changing silhouettes that Hussein Chalayan achieves with technology, the way Cocky Eek photographs her inflated work, the way Theo Jansen transforms something stationary into a moving masterpiece, these are all connected to the idea of evolving something from its original form.

No comments:

Post a Comment